Cabin Fever

1:01 PM

(Cartoon from Cartoonnoise)

Definition: –noun
a state characterized by anxiety, restlessness, and boredom, arising from a prolonged stay in a remote or confined place.

I am currently suffering from cabin fever. In the cartoon: I'm the green thing. I've decided that it's best to break my stay in the apartment since Tuesday and go out and do... something. Anything.

If you're suffering, and your weather has cleared, GET OUT!

Just some advice from someone who's suffering with you.

Now, don't get me wrong. I have been productive. I have cleaned, exercised, washed, cooked, wrapped presents, and so much more. However, there is only so much you can do and so much you can take when being in the same amount of space for five days straight. I cannot imagine back in the day when people had to stay put for weeks due to weather and lack of this or that. Can you?

Clark is currently at work but he let me know that we would be going out this evening. Somewhere. To do something. Anything. Because I need it. I've been laughing at just about everything (even when it is not necessary), and the house is spotless, and Clark has had homemade "pretty" food all week. He said I need a break. I say I need a break.

So I'm taking a break.

Seven days until Christmas. Don't use that as an excuse to just stay put and do nothing. Trust me. It will drive you crazy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments