Chewy Molasses Cookies

5:00 AM

Let me start this by saying I am not a fan of molasses by itself.

But I am a fan of these cookies.

This being said, you don't have to be a lover of molasses to want to bake/eat/finish off these beauties. They are filled with the taste of fall, if you take my meaning, and they should be made as much as possible in the next few months. They are delicious, easy, and did I mention delicious?

Yes? OK. Good. Here you are:

Chewy Molasses Cookies


Please note that the dough needs to be refrigerated for at least 30 minutes before baking.

Ingredients
:

- 3/4 C butter (12 TBSP), softened
- 1 C sugar
- 1/4 C molasses
- 1 L egg
- 2 C all-purpose, unbleached flour (I actually used King Arthur White Wheat Flour when I made these)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (ground) cloves
- 1/2 tsp (ground) ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt (I used sea salt)

Directions:

- Preheat your oven to 375 and prep your baking sheet with nonstick spray or parchment paper.
- Mix together your butter and sugar until well whipped. Add in your egg and molasses until well combined.
- Stir in your flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and salt. Make sure you clear the sides of the bowl so you get all your ingredients nicely mixed!
- Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes, until it's cold and easier to handle.
- Roll the dough into small balls (I used a small-medium cookie scooper). Fill a small bowl with sugar and roll each ball until it is completely coated! Place the cookie on the sheet and give them a little room to spread out.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until they begin to slightly crack on top.
- Cook for two minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wired rack to cool.


These are my husband's absolute favorite cookies. If you're a fan of molasses (or not), or ginger, or cinnamon, or all that goodness put together-- give them a try! Make sure to share in the comments if you make them!

You Might Also Like

0 comments