Banana Bluberry Muffins

3:28 PM


OK, so it's been a while. My energy has been up and down, mostly down. I am finally in my second trimester, and although my energy isn't quite where it "should" be just yet, I'm feeling a bit better!

Today I was feeling like I was missing something. Sometimes if I don't get enough of the healthy stuff throughout the day I tend to feel like I'm just lacking. So, I decided to make one of my own recipes, which of course meant I had to share it here!

These muffins are rather easy, and they are definitely worth it. I try to make them as healthy as possible, so whenever you can substitute whole wheat flour for unbleached flour: do it.

SUPPLIES:

- 2 Cups of Wheat Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Salt

- 1/2 C Oil
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3 mashed (very ripe, if you can) bananas
--> Optional: add 1/8 C of Milk

- 1 C fresh Blueberries

DIRECTIONS:

- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the flour, baking soda, powder, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, mash the bananas as finely as possible (I use a potato masher).
Add the oil, sugar, and eggs. Mix as thoroughly as possible. If the mix is too dry and hard to mix, add about 1/8 C of milk.
- Fold in 1 C of blueberries. You can add more if you want to!

- Use muffin liners or pre-grease the muffin pan. Fill the holes up at least 2/3rds full.
- Cook the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes. Make sure to check the center of a muffin with a tooth pick to see that they're completely cooked through. The recipe makes 12 to 18 muffins.

ENJOY! They are addictive if you're up for a healthy snack/breakfast!

You Might Also Like

0 comments