Applesauce Carrot Muffins [whole wheat]6:00 AM
This is one of my absolute favorite muffin recipes. Not only are they delicious, but they don't make you feel guilty for eating them because you know they have "good stuff" in them.
- 1.5 C whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
-1.25 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 C butter (1 stick), softened (not melted)
- 1/3 to 1/2 C honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
1 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 to 3/4 C carrot shreds (I used a cheese grater to do this work!)
- Preheat your oven to 350 and prepare your muffin tin by spraying with cooking oil or lining with tins, or both.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine: butter, honey, egg, vanilla, and applesauce. Once well mixed, gradually add your dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt).
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, checking with a toothpick. Give sufficient time to cool before serving.
Recipe adapted from 100 Days of Real Food