One of those days.

1:20 PM


Have you ever had one of those days?

You started doing the laundry, maybe took a shower and told yourself you were going to get ready, made a to-do list... the works. All of a sudden, you're exhausted. You just don't feel like doing anything?

That's how I'm feeling today.

I made breakfast for my husband and myself. I vacuumed once he headed off to class. I was able to get a shower.

But that's about it.

Suddenly I'm overwhelmed with this need to sleep. I just want to sit on the couch and relax.

I don't really think it's a crime, but it still makes me feel a little guilty.

I mean, my coffee table is cluttered, the kitchen really needs to be mopped, I should probably scrub the tub, and I haven't dusted in a while and a person could definitely tell.

Still, I'm tired.

On the days where all Michael wants to do is cuddle, I want to be productive. Today he has given me time to do a few things, and I almost wish he wouldn't. All I want to do is cuddle with him today. All I want is the excuse that he wouldn't let me put him down.

I know I've been posting a lot of things about being a mom lately, and I definitely haven't earned my expert status yet. I have years before that happens. But, it's typically what's on my mind now that I am a mother. It's true that once you're a mom, you're always a mom.

Monday I left Clark alone with Michael for an hour. I ran some errands and so forth and he stayed home. When I returned, he looked at me with this exhausted expression and exclaimed, "I don't know how you do this everyday." He went on to tell me all Michael needed within that hour I was gone. As if I didn't know!

I think it's unfair to say that stay-at-home moms have it easy. Yes, I've made this point in my last few blogs, but it's SO true! These women give up a lot to stay home and make sure that the child is raised right.

At the moment I think it's a little more difficult because half of my day is spent feeding Michael and we don't really have a routine, routine down. I'm not sure you can ever really have a routine with kids, though.

Anyway, today I'm taking it easy.

I'm going to get some things done, but I think I'll make today a rest day. I'll save the exercise video for tomorrow since I've already done it twice since Sunday. I'll save folding laundry for tomorrow. I'll let Clark scrub the tub when he comes home. I will dust. I already vacuumed. I put away the clean dishes. I loaded the dishwasher. I made a couple phone calls. I took a shower (woo hoo!).

It's 1:33pm and, other than taking care of Michael, I'm giving myself the rest of the day off.

You Might Also Like

0 comments