Cream of Mushroom Baked Chicken

8:58 PM

I know, I know. This is probably one of the oldest tricks in the book. Because I am missing my other arm that is my camera at the moment, I'm just posting on this simple dish and hoping that you do not need photographs to help. If you do, I promise to update it the next time I make it so you can see. Even if you don't need them for help, you can judge if it looks appetizing at all!

SUPPLIES:

- 1 lb of chicken breasts
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 1 bag (your choice on the size) of frozen broccoli
- 2 small cans (or 1 large can) of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 C of water
- breadcrumbs

DIRECTIONS:

- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together, in a 9 x 13" baking dish, the rice, water, and one can (or half of the large can) of the cream of mushroom soup.
- Place the broccoli in the mixture in the baking dish.
- Coat the chicken in breadcrumbs of your choosing. I like to use Italian breadcrumbs because it gives it an extra kick. OR you can make homemade breadcrumbs by using a food processor and chopping up bread of your choice (whole wheat if you wish to be healthy!)
- Place the chicken in the baking dish on top of the rice mixture and broccoli. Top the chicken with the rest of the cream of mushroom soup to give the chicken extra flavor! You can mix all of the soup into the rice, but I prefer to top off the chicken.
- Cover this with tin foil and cook it for 45 minutes to an hour. I usually check on it after 30 minutes because it depends on the oven. For the last fifteen minutes or so of it cooking, uncover it. This will help the rice absorb the extra water!

ENJOY! It's super easy and a wonderful dish to whip up for company if you are short on time or supplies!

You Might Also Like

0 comments