Banana Oatmeal Muffins

1:26 PM


OK, I can't help it. Lately I've been in a cooking sort of mood. I'm taking advantage of it, especially since a woman is supposed to lose energy in the third trimester. Other rumors are the "nesting syndrome" a woman can get... but considering I'm 29 weeks, and I haven't had the urge to clean or do laundry, I'm thinking I'm just lucky with the fact that I've wanted to cook so much lately and have had the energy to do it.

Once again, a new muffin recipe. I have three VERY ripe bananas and wanted to do something with them. Having made Banana Blueberry Muffins within the past three weeks, I decided it was time to try another banana muffin recipe. So, here are Banana Oatmeal Muffins!

SUPPLIES:

- 1 C Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 C Oats
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt

- 1/2 C Oil
- 1/4 C Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3 Mashed (as ripe as possible) Bananas

--> Optional: 1 C Blueberries OR 1/2 C to 1 C Chocolate Chips OR any other fruit or nut you can think of adding!

DIRECTIONS:

- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

- Mix together the Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and Salt in a smaller bowl. Set aside.

- In a larger bowl, mix together the Oil, beaten Egg, Sugar, and mashed Bananas. Add the flour mixture after this has been well combined. Last, but not least, add the oats, followed by any of the "extras" you're in the mood for, if any at all. (I added 1/2 C chocolate chips this time around!)
- Scoop the mixture into a prepared muffin pan, either sprayed or lined; each hole should be about 2/3rds of the way full.
- Cook the muffins for 15-25 minutes, completely depending on your oven. After 15 minutes has passed, check every two to five minutes by sticking a tooth pick (or utensil of some kind) into the middle of the muffin to make sure it has cooked all the way through. If you have added extras, make sure you are judging the cooked-muffins by gooey-bread-like-substance sticking to the toothpick/utensil, not melted chocolate or blueberry juice!

This recipe makes one dozen muffins, so if you're having company you may want to double up or so! Make sure to let the muffins cool for at least five to ten minutes on a cooling rack. Enjoy with some hot tea, coffee, milk... or drink of your choice!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Oh, I haven't tried this combination of bananas and oatmeal. I am pinning this one!

    ReplyDelete