Banana Lemon Poppyseed Muffins

10:43 AM

I've been dying to do something with Lemon Poppyseed because, well, let's face it-- it's delicious. It's one of my favorite combinations for when it starts to warm up... or I guess I should say for spring and summer, since it's always warm where I am.


Ingredients:

- 2/3 C butter, softened
- 1 scant C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, mashed (I used overripe bananas that I had frozen)
- Juice from 1.5 Lemons
- 1 C unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp poppyseeds
- lemon zest from one whole lemon



Directions:

- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Line your muffin pan and spray with cooking spray.
- Cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add the banana and mix well.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing in between each addition.
- Mix in the lemon juice, flour, baking soda, vanilla, salt, poppyseeds, and lemon zest.
- Scoop about 1/4 C into each muffin liner.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, depending on your oven. Remove to cooling rack and let sit for a few minutes before serving.


Recipe molded from Something Swanky.

You Might Also Like

0 comments