Lemon [White Chocolate Chip] Cookies

5:00 AM

As I am now in my third trimester with baby #2 (yes, I realize I haven't blogged in a while, so SURPRISE!), I find just about any excuse to make something sweet. Maybe the third trimester doesn't have anything to do with it, but the fact that I'm pregnant does. For some reason, this time around all I want is sugary goodness, whereas with little man #1, I wanted salty foods.

I digress.

The other day I woke up and decided I just had to have something lemon. Maybe because it was 100 degrees outside and it was making me think of lemonade, or maybe because baby just decided he had to have something lemon. (Yes, HE! Another boy!) Regardless of the reason, I scoured the pantry to come up with a new recipe. And, voila! These are easy and delicious, and though I usually prefer to use fresh ingredients-- they don't require you to have actual lemons lying around. Just some lemon pudding!



Ingredients:

- 1/2 C butter
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- (1) 3.4 oz package of instant lemon pudding
- 1 C flour (if the mixture seems too wet, add 1/4 C to it)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsk baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
*Optional: 1/2 C - 3/4 C White Chocolate Chips*

Directions:

- Preheat your oven to 350 and prepare your cookie sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray (I used parchment paper).

- Cream your butter and sugar together with a handheld or standing mixer. Add in your vanilla and egg next.

- Add your lemon pudding mix before the rest of your dry ingredients. Stir until well combined. Lastly, fold in your chocolate chips if you're using them :).

- With a medium cookie scoop, place cookies on baking sheet. *If you do not have a cookie sheet, use 1-2 Tbsp of dough and round into balls before placing on sheet.*

- Cook for 8-11 minutes, depending on your oven. The edges will be SLIGHTLY tan/brown. Let cool on cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.

So easy, and so yummy. There's something about these cookies that almost give them a "cooling effect" when it comes to warm weather.

Recipe adapted from Creations by Kara.

You Might Also Like

0 comments