The time has come, the walrus said...

6:54 PM


To talk of many things. Of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings...

Life often reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. Either you're too big or too small, you're upside down when you're supposed to be right side up, you're following a rabbit that's "late for a very important date", you're celebrating a very happy un-birthday, or you're just going with the flow trying desperately to ultimately figure out what's going on.

As a wife and soon to be mother, I sometimes find it hard to do what I need to do. Though the laundry may be piled up on the bed or sofa needing to be folded, or the sink is full of dishes that must be washed by hand, all I want to do is sit a while and enjoy the fact that I'm not doing any of it. I mean, come on, what wife or mother doesn't? If you have a moment where the kids aren't at home, or the baby is sleeping, or the husband is away... you take moments and revel in the fact that you don't have to do anything. Even if you're only carefree for those few moments.

Lately, I've felt like Alice. I've felt like I'm following confusion after confusion and I just want life to make sense for a minute. So, I'm taking a moment to sit, ignore the commotion around me, and ponder.

Graduating college, I am a young wife and mom-to-be. Most of my friends are figuring out graduate school or where they're going to work. Me? I'm looking at baby furniture and making sure everything is in order for us to move so my husband can finish school. It seems so strange to be at the same point in life and yet have completely different values and priorities than my friends.

I haven't been very up-to-date with the blog lately. This is because I've been so boggled when it comes to what I should write about. I haven't had anything on my mind except school, baby, and sleep. Cooking has moved to the back burner, house work has been shoved in the closet, and the lense has been covered.

Life will resume its normal pace soon and when it does I promise to keep you as updated, full of food and advice as I have in the past. Until then, know that I'm constantly thinking about you and hoping that you stay tuned for when I truly return.

For a closing note-- in case you didn't know-- we found out on April 25th that we are expecting a BOY! What an amazing blessing he is going to be.

You Might Also Like

0 comments