Spicy-Sweet Crock Pot Barbecue

11:45 AM


This revised recipe comes from the fabulous Skinnytaste.com. My older sister introduced me to the site and I've been super excited to finally try out a recipe. Since my husband is a fan of barbecue, I thought I'd try a different way of cooking it to celebrate the end of his exams. I also have to admit this is my first time ever cooking any type of barbecue. It should be fun!

Supplies:

- 2.5 pork loin roast
- 6 oz/ 8 oz Coke Zero
- 1/4 C/ 1/3 C Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp/ 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 C Water
- 7 oz can diced or sliced jalapenos
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/9 tsp chili pepper
- 1 chipotle pepper, sliced in half
- salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
- Trim the pork loin roast of any fat. Rub it down with 1/2 tsp salt, 3/4 tsp black pepper, and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Place in crock pot and pour 6 oz of Coke Zero over it along with 1/4 C unpacked brown sugar. Cover and put in the fridge over night or for at least 4 hours. Turn the roast over at least once during this process.
- Remove the crock from the fridge. Add 1/4 C of water and cook the roast on high for another 3 to 4 hours, until you can easily remove it from the bone.
- Remove the pork from the crock temporarily. Empty the crock of ALL liquids. Shred the pork and return it to the crock pot.
- Mix in 8 oz of Coke Zero, 1/3 C unpacked brown sugar, 8 oz tomato sauce, jalapenos, cumin, chili pepper, salt and pepper to taste, and the halved chipotle pepper. Cook on high for another hour and thirty minutes.

Serve the barbecue over black beans and rice or in anyway you see fit! Clark absolutely loved this dish. I have a feeling it's going on the favorites list in our house!

You Might Also Like

0 comments