Lemon-Ginger [Pregnancy] Muffins

5:00 AM

I promised you a meatless Quinoa recipe and you're getting these muffins instead! The quinoa didn't turn out quite like I wanted, so it's back to the drawing board with that one. However, these have been tried and proven delicious (thanks to WhatToExpect.Com), so I thought I should still share something with you!

And, no, I'm not pregnant. Since Levi is only about 5 weeks old at this point, I'd say we're waiting a while before deciding if we want to expand our family again.

HOWEVER, I did have two friends inform me (secretly) that they're expecting! They haven't announced that news yet, so I won't spoil it and say who they are, but I will say they're the ones who inspired me to make these muffins. They're going in their Pregnancy Care Packages (which I'm so excited about because they're so much fun to put together). So while I'm collecting the last few items to get those in the mail (and before I share my ideas on that with y'all), here is this recipe!

Lemon-Ginger [Pregnancy] Muffins


Ingredients :

- 1 C Lemonade Concentrate
- 1/4 C Oil (Coconut or Canola)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2.5 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1.25 C Whole Wheat Flour
*You can substitute 1/4 C Flaxseed or Wheat Germ for 1/4 C Flour if you have it handy*
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 C Oats (I used Quick Oats)
- 1 C Grated/Shredded Carrot (I used 3 good-sized carrots for this)


Directions :

- Preheat your oven to 375 and prep your muffin tin with liners/spray.
- Whisk together your lemonade, oil, eggs, vanilla, and ground ginger.
- Add your flour and baking soda to your wet ingredients. Stir until just combined (don't over do it!).
- Fold in your oats, then fold in your shredded carrot.
- Use 1/4 C of batter for each muffin, or fill your tin 2/3rds full for each one.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes depending on your oven.


And, VOILA, you're done! These muffins are yummy for any stage of pregnancy, but they really helped when I was suffering from nausea. The lemon and ginger help your stomach/sickness, and you're getting some good stuff with the whole wheat flour and carrots.

You Might Also Like

0 comments