Chocolate Salted Caramel Chip Cookies

5:00 AM


Helllllooooooo strangers! I realize that I haven't written on here in, well, months. Truth be told I've been busy keeping up my other blog and starting a new business. All the while, the newfangled housewife duties never ceased-- they just haven't been shared on here!

I won't make promises of changing that on a consistent basis, but I am hoping to get a few posts up over the next few weeks...months...by December, in order to keep this thing still running. I happen to enjoy this space still very much.

I have been rereading Harry Potter (shocker), the first time I've done this since Michael was around 1-2 (if you're keeping tabs-- he turns five in just under a month). It's been so amazing, and part of me wishes that he was old enough to read along with me. But we're not there yet.

Anyway.

Rereading has me dreaming of fall, and since we don't actually have fall in Arizona, anyway, I didn't see what was stopping me from creating and baking and cooking some yummy fall foods to go with the warmth of the pages I am revisiting.

Without further rambling and sharing all that you probably don't care too much about, here's the RECIPE!

Chocolate Salted Caramel Chip Cookies


Ingredients:

- 1/2 C + 2 TBSP Salted Butter, softened
- 2 tsp water
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 + 2 TBSP cocoa powder
- 1 C all purpose, unbleached flour
- 1/2 C salted caramel chips
- 1/2 c chocolate chips
- course salt, for sprinkling (optional)

Directions:

- Preheat your oven to 350 and prep your baking sheet (I used parchment paper, but cooking spray works well, too).
- Blend together your butter, water, and sugars. Add your egg and vanilla, blending again until well whipped/combined.
- Add your baking soda, cocoa powder, and flour to your wet ingredients. Beat on a low speed until you can no longer see any flour in the mixture.
- Mix in your caramel chips & chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Use a medium cookie scoop (1-2 tablespoons) and drop the cookies on your prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle salt on top if desired (I did not in this batch, but I have before and it's sooooo good!)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until cookies are cooked on bottom and edges. Let sit on baking pan for 2-5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.


TRY NOT TO EAT THEM ALL IN ONE SITTING!

You Might Also Like

0 comments