Banana Zucchini Bread

7:00 AM


I've been wanting to try a zucchini recipe for a while (other than Zucchini Chips). I haven't ever tried to bake it, so I thought that this was as good a time as any! Plus, what better way than to try it with banana?

This recipe was created from my banana oatmeal muffins and oatmeal chocolate chip muffins.

Ingredients:

- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 C honey
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 C whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded (measured to about 3/4 C)
- 1/2 - 1 C chocolate chips

Directions:

- Preheat your oven to 350. Prepare a bread ban, muffin tin, or whatever type of ban you intend to cook this in.
- Beat your eggs with the brown sugar.
- Add your bananas.
- Add the honey and vanilla.
*Pictured is the zucchini in the wet mixture, but I think it would work a little better if you don't add it until AFTER you add your dry ingredients.*


- Add your dry ingredients in portions, mixing after each addition.

- Fold in your chocolate chips (and zucchini if you saved it for last).
- Measure into your prepared pan. I used these adorable mini liners (which sadly I do not have the correct pan for).

- For bread, bake for at least 50 minutes before checking on it.
- For muffins, bake for around 20 minutes before checking on them.

I baked mine for 25 minutes precisely, so just continue to check on them (and poke them with a toothpick or knife) until they are ready to be removed from the oven. Then make sure to let them cool before serving!

I wrapped these up all pretty-like and gave them to neighbors. Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments