Coconut Curry Chicken Fingers

10:11 AM


These are incredibly delicious and super easy. Clark has told me that this is his new (easy) way for me to prepare chicken. So, if you're a fan of spicy and a fan of coconut, these should be right up your ally!

Ingredients:

- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 - 1 C coconut flakes
- 1/2 - 1 C Panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or regular salt)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
*If you don't want them with a "super" kick, then cut down on the curry and don't add the cayenne!*
- olive oil
Directions:

-Preheat your oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray it with cooking oil.
- In one shallow bowl/dish, mix together the panko crumbs, coconut, and spices.
*Pictured is using 1 C of coconut and 1 C of bread crumbs, but I had A LOT left over, so I feel like 1/2 C may have been sufficient, in which case you may want to cut your spices down as well.*

- In another bowl, whisk your egg. In another, put your flour. Set up your "station".

- Dip a chicken tenderloin in the flour, then your egg, then roll it in your coconut mix. Place on your prepared baking sheet. Repeat with however many tenderloins you have/desire!

- Drizzle the top of the chicken tenders with olive oil if you want them a tad bit crispier.

- Bake for 12 to 20 minutes. I know, that's a rather big difference. My chicken tenders were small, so they were done I think around 13 minutes, but if yours are thicker/larger, they may need more time. They may even need 25 minutes! Just keep checking on them and you'll know when they're ready.

I was told these don't need any sort of sauce, but I think they'd go great with a sweet & sour sauce!

Inspiration for this recipe came from: Our Best Bites.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. In my opinion, sweet and sour goes fabulously on just about anything! Mmmmmmm ...

    ReplyDelete