Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins6:00 AM
- 1.25 C unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 C (mini) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350. Prepare (mini) muffin pan with liners and/or cooking spray.
- Whisk/mix together your sugars, applesauce, egg white, and vanilla. Add your dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cinnamon--best if pre-mixed in separate bowl).
- Once everything is thoroughly combined, fold in your strawberries and chocolate chips as gently as possible.
- Use one (heaping) tablespoon for each mini muffin, or 1/4 C for each regular muffin.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes (mine took exactly 18). Transfer to cooling rack for a few minutes before devouring.