Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies6:00 AM
And what makes cookies seem healthier than oatmeal and unsweetened applesauce?
- 1 C butter
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 C natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1.5 C all purpose, unbleached flour
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C oats
- Preheat your oven to 350 and prepare your cookie sheet.
- Beat together your butter and sugars. Next add your peanut butter, egg, vanilla, and applesauce.
- Mix in your flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Last but not least, fold in your oats.
- Use a cookie scoop (or 1 to 2 tablespoons) and place dough on cookie sheet. Spray the back of a fork with cooking spray, and criss-cross across the dough (as pictured).
- Cook for 11 to 14 minutes. Move to cooling rack and let sit for two to three minutes before enjoying!
This recipe was adapted from AllRecipes.com
BY THE WAY! If you haven't already, don't forget to enter $100 Target Gift Card Giveaway celebrating The Lily Field!