[Vegan] Oatmeal Strawberry Coconut Muffins

6:00 AM

HAPPY JULY!

I know. The title is a mouthful. But you won't mind once you make these! Are you sensing a trend? The last muffin recipe I posted was Banana Coconut. What can I say. Now that I have coconut and coconut oil in the house... the options are endless!

Ingredients:

- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 c applesauce
- 1/4 c honey
- 1 C milk [vegan options include coconut, almond, soy, etc!]
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp baking soda
- 1 C oats
- 1 C diced/cut up strawberries
- 1/2 C coconut flakes


Directions:

- Preheat your oven to 375 and prepare your muffin pan with liners/cooking spray.
- Whisk together the first four ingredients (coconut oil, applesauce, honey, and milk). Fold in your flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in your oats. Then add the strawberries and coconut. Do not over-mix.
- Use 1/4 C or so of batter for each muffin.
- Cook for 18 to 24 minutes. Check with a toothpick. When it comes out clean (no batter-- strawberry juice an exception), they're done!

Super easy and delicious. Michael was excited to have another muffin recipe to try.


Want more vegan muffin recipes? Check these out!

Banana Coconut Muffins

Mystery Muffins

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Veggie Muffins

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Yum! I may have to try this recipe with the raspberries we'll have soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I initially wanted to make them with... but we didn't have any, and it wasn't a store-day, so strawberries it was! If you make them let me know how they turn out :).

      Delete
  2. I don't know how I am just now seeing these, but they look amazingly delicious! I will have to try them very soon! I'd also love to know how the raspberry rendition by Katie turned out!

    ReplyDelete