[Vegan] Citrus Cranberry Scones

6:00 AM

CHRISTMAS IS ONE WEEK AWAY! We are also leaving to begin our move TOMORROW. While you're reading this we are probably frantically trying to figure out how we accumulated so much stuff over the last few years and trying to convince each other what's really important to take in the UHAUL.

Can you picture it?

Well, while you are, maybe you should think about making these amazingly delicious, super easy, healthy citrus scones! That's why you're here, isn't it?


Ingredients:

- 1/3 C chopped cranberries
- zest of one orange
- 1/3 C freshly squeezed [orange or clementine] juice

*Note: I used clementine juice because Michael stole my orange while I wasn't looking after I zested it! Sneaky bugger.*

- 4 tbsp non dairy milk (I used vanilla soy milk)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.25 tsp olive oil
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg

Directions:

- Preheat your oven to 350.
- In a medium to large bowl, whisk together your juice, non dairy milk, syrup and olive oil.
- Add your flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and orange zest to your wet mix. Next fold in your chopped cranberries.
- Prepare a baking sheet by spraying it or lining it with parchment paper. Scoop your mix and put it on your baking sheet. I used 1/4 C per scone and got five scones exactly.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until slightly golden on top.


Confession: I made two batches of these. Why? Because I made them for friends initially but I kept going back for more... until there weren't any. To be fair, Michael had one, too, as did one of our neighbors. So... I only ate two... but still! They're that addicting.


Inspired from My Inspriation's Recipe.

You Might Also Like

0 comments