White Chocolate Chex Mix

6:00 AM


I love Chex Mix. It's a tradition in my husband's family to make it this time of year, and our PaPa really makes it the best. However, I don't seem to have the knack for it. And unlike my husband, I can't eat the "something salty" nonstop.

Something salty AND sweet, on the other hand... that I can do.

Enter White Chocolate Chex Mix.

Ingredients:

- 2.5 C Rice Chex
- 2.5 C Corn Chex
- 1 C salted/unsalted mini pretzels (salted is probably better, but I used unsalted because it's all I could find)
- 1 C cashews (or peanuts, or whatever kind of nut you desire)
- 12 oz bag M&M's
- 12 oz bag white chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp [vegetable/canola] oil

Directions:

- In a large bowl, mix your chex (both kinds), cashews, pretzels, and M&M's.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over low heat, mix your white chocolate chips and oil and melt. Mix constantly to prevent it from burning or getting too thick.
- As soon as the chocolate/oil is completely melted, pour into your prepared dry mix. Mix well with a wooden spoon or spatula until well incorporated and distributed through the mix.
- Pour the mix onto the prepared baking sheets, spreading out as thinly as possible. Let sit for an hour before checking to see if it's dry. Give it as much time as needed. I let mine sit for at least two hours to make sure it wasn't sticky.
- Break apart the mix and return to bowl/sealed container.

Give away, devour, it's your choice.

I made this for a movie night with friends


and for our ornament exchange at Bible Study.


It was a HUGE hit! Perfect for holiday get togethers.

Recipe altered from My Recipe Magic.


You Might Also Like

0 comments