Lemon Berry Muffins

7:45 AM


Spring is here and all I've been craving is fruit. I suppose that's pretty natural when it starts to warm up outside and things like strawberries, pineapple, blackberries, blueberries and more sound incredibly satisfying to the taste buds.

What better way to celebrate than make a new muffin recipe out of that craving?

In this recipe I use strawberries and blueberries, but I'm sure you can experiment with whatever you wish and it will (more than likely) turn out positively delicious!

Supplies:

- 1 and 2/3 C All Purpose, Unbleached Flour (I haven't made these with all Whole Wheat Flour yet because I was basically out and didn't realize it.)
- 1/3 C Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 C Applesauce (I used naturally sweetened.)
- 1/3 C Sugar
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1/3 C Chopped Strawberries
- 1/2 C Blueberries

Directions:

- Preheat your oven to 350.
- In a small to medium sized bowl, mix together the flours, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.


- Whisk together the applesauce and sugar in a large bowl. Add the canola oil, vanilla, egg, and lemon zest one at a time, mixing thoroughly between each addition.

- Mix the flour mixture into the applesauce mixture in thirds.

- Gently fold in the strawberries and blueberries.




- Using a 1/4 C, fill your muffin tin.

- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes. Check on the muffins and make sure they are completely cooked, poking them with a toothpick or knife to see if it comes out batter-free.


- Recipe makes 10 to 12 muffins.

Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. these are going on my to-do list! I came here from sweet as sugar cookies link party. I'll be pinning this in just a minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting! I hope they turn out delicious in your kitchen as well!

    ReplyDelete