Coconut Rum Balls

1:11 PM

When company visits I tend to always want to try something new. Although I typically don't make alcoholic desserts, I just couldn't pass up trying!

These Rum Balls are easy and delicious (with that extra buzz)!

Ingredients:

- 1.5 to 2 C finely crushed Nilla Wafers
- 1 to 2 C Coconut flakes
- 1/3 C fat free, sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 C Light (Silver) Rum

Directions:

- Crush the wafers in your food processor. About 6 wafers makes 1/4 C of crumbs, so that should give you an idea of how many you need.
- Mix in 1 C coconut before adding the condensed milk and rum.
- Roll the mixture into 1" or so balls, and then roll the balls in the extra coconut flakes. The first round of these I made about 6 after using only 1 C of Nilla Wafers in the mix and figured out that there was no way they were going to be solid enough.
- So, after making the six I added another 1/2 C of Nilla Wafers (crushed). Play it by ear. This is how the mixture should look:
So do make sure to use AT LEAST 1.5 C of crushed wafers.

- Store the balls in an airtight container in the fridge for at least four hours.


Voila! Yummy, delicious, and oh so easy!

(Inspiration for this recipe came from Yummly.com)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Okay, rum and coconut - can't go wrong with that combination. I am pinning to my "Recipes to Try" board and am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to have you! Make sure to grab my button and post it on your blog :).

    ReplyDelete