Baked Potato Soup5:00 AM
This soup is to die for. Seriously. When I was younger my mom made this amazing potato soup, but it was in a class of its own. This one is the same way. By that I mean a class in its own. It's ok for me to brag, since I borrowed this recipe from Mama Loves Food! You should really check out that blog! I did, of course, change a few things here and there to give it my special touch. Hoping that made some of a difference!
- 4 lbs red potatoes, chopped into cubes
I bought a five pound bag, but it was a bit much for my crock pot. Plus, this made the flavor go that much farther.
- 1 onion, quartered
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 heaping tsp garlic salt
- 8 C chicken stock/ water + chicken bouillon
- 16 oz low fat or fat free cream cheese
- 1/2 package of bacon, cooked and crumbled
Optional: Cheddar Cheese and Chives
- Put your chopped up potatoes in your crock pot, along with the onion, garlic, garlic salt, and chicken bouillon. Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- After 4 to 6 hours, remove 1/3 to half of the potatoes (around three to four cups, I'd say). Try to get as much, if not all, of the onion as well. Put it into a blender along with the 16 oz of cream cheese.
- Blend until you have a nice, creamy mix.
- Put this back into your crock pot and mix well. Add the bacon crumbles. Let this cook for another 30 minutes to an hour on low. Make sure to check on it and stir occasionally.
If you're a vegetarian, just leave the bacon out and maybe add a bit more salt! Or use a bacon substitute!
- Serve with your cut up scallions and cheddar cheese to make it even more tasty!
Want some more delicious soup recipes? Check these out!
Black Bean Soup
Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
Bean and Bacon Soup
Easy Taco Soup