Cheesy Chive Bread

5:00 AM


This bread is AMAZING. I mean, I'm one of those people who loves cheesy biscuits, breads, snacks... you name it. So, when I came across this I just knew I had to try it. Needless to say, I will be finding ways to make this whenever we have company over. For holidays. For parties. You get the idea.

Ingredients:

- 1 3/4 C all purpose, unbleached flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
The salt is optional. If you put the maximum amount of cheese, I really wouldn't suggest cutting this down to just a pinch.
- 3 eggs, at room temp, whisked
- 1/3 C milk
- 1/3 C extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 to 1/2 C smoked Gouda, shredded
- 1/3 to 1/2 C smoked Cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 C chopped/minced chives


Directions:

- Spray/Coat with Butter/ Prepare a standard bread pan. Preheat your oven to 350.
- Mix together your try ingredients. Add your prepared eggs, milk, and olive oil. Mix until the dough comes together (but don't go overboard-- you want it just together before adding the cheese and chives).

- Add your cheese and chives. The dough will be thick, but that's how you want it.

Transfer the dough to your bread pan and even it the best you can with a spatula.

- Bake for at least forty minutes. Let sit for one to two minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack. Definitely suggest letting it cool a bit outside the bread pan before serving/enjoying.




While I'm sure this bread would make a great side to just about any meal, I find it goes best with these soups:

Creamy Tomato Basil Soup

Bean and Bacon Soup

Deliciously Easy Chili



This recipe was adapted from: Culinary Concoctions by Peabody.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. Mouth is watering! I'd love for you to link this to my party! http://www.atkinsondrive.com/do-your-thing-link-party-week-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely linking up! Thanks for the invite, Sam!

      Delete
  2. oh my gosh this looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Helene! I hope you get to make it/enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. I know this is an older post but I hope you can answer my question. I would love to try this quick cheesy bread. It looks delicious. It rises from the 3 eggs and 1 tablespoon of baking powder? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, the baking powder and eggs do the trick! It rises beautifully.

      Delete