Cheesy Chive Bread5:00 AM
This bread is AMAZING. I mean, I'm one of those people who loves cheesy biscuits, breads, snacks... you name it. So, when I came across this I just knew I had to try it. Needless to say, I will be finding ways to make this whenever we have company over. For holidays. For parties. You get the idea.
- 1 3/4 C all purpose, unbleached flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
The salt is optional. If you put the maximum amount of cheese, I really wouldn't suggest cutting this down to just a pinch.
- 3 eggs, at room temp, whisked
- 1/3 C milk
- 1/3 C extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 to 1/2 C smoked Gouda, shredded
- 1/3 to 1/2 C smoked Cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 C chopped/minced chives
- Spray/Coat with Butter/ Prepare a standard bread pan. Preheat your oven to 350.
- Mix together your try ingredients. Add your prepared eggs, milk, and olive oil. Mix until the dough comes together (but don't go overboard-- you want it just together before adding the cheese and chives).
- Add your cheese and chives. The dough will be thick, but that's how you want it.
- Bake for at least forty minutes. Let sit for one to two minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack. Definitely suggest letting it cool a bit outside the bread pan before serving/enjoying.
While I'm sure this bread would make a great side to just about any meal, I find it goes best with these soups:
Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
Bean and Bacon Soup
Deliciously Easy Chili
This recipe was adapted from: Culinary Concoctions by Peabody.