Friday's Letters

9:25 AM

This week has been rather tiring. I have been trying for some time to get Michael to sleep in his own bed, and I'm beginning to wonder if I should just give up until he's older. I know it's going to be difficult whenever we do it, but it just doesn't seem worth it right now. He's such a cuddler and still a night-nurser. What would you suggest? Keep him in our bed a little longer, or try different methods to get him to sleep on his own? Just so you know, I am not a cry-it-out parent!


Dear Michael, It's really hard to believe that you will be two in a few short months... and then again it's not hard to believe at all. I love how much you love and am growing weary of your stubbornness and temper. However, I know you come by it honestly From your Father, of course... nothing to do with me.... And while I find it wonderful that you are finding your voice... could we stop with the shrieking, please? And then how can you turn around and be so adorable?? It's so unfair!

Dear Readers, If you haven't already, head over to Standpipe & Sprinkles to check out my new favorite cookie recipe that I will post on in soon. Just in time for Father's Day, these cookies are inspired by Chubby Hubby, Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream flavor. They are not anything close to "clean eating"... but boy are they DELICIOUS! Perfect way to let Dad know he is appreciated!

Dear Summer, I am thankful that you have been warm and that opportunities for us to be outside have been occurring. Even the rainstorms are glorious things because they provide time for cuddles and quality time inside. Please go by as slowly as possible.


Have a wonderful weekend! Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there!

You Might Also Like

0 comments