[Vegan] Banana Coconut Muffins6:00 AM
I adapted this recipe from The Shrinking Kitchen. Which, if you've never visited their site, you need to. It's pretty much amazing.
- 4 VERY ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 C wheat germ
- 1/2 C all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 C unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat your oven to 350. Prepare your muffin pan with liners/spray.
- Mix together your bananas, applesauce, honey, and coconut oil.
- Stir in your dry ingredients If you want to pre-mix your wheat germ, flours, and baking soda you can. I always tend to skip that step.
- Fold in your coconut flakes.
Note: Adding chocolate chips could make these extra sweet and yummy!
- Bake in the oven for 12 to 16 minutes. Check with a toothpick to make sure they are cooked all the way through.
Want more vegan recipes? Check these out!
Vegan Veggie Muffins
Vegan PB Oatmeal "Chocolate Chip" Cookies
Vegan Banana "Chocolate Chip" Muffins