Vegan Brownies7:54 AM
I have such a hard time making brownies. Homemade ones never turn out "fudgey" enough for me, if you know what I mean. They're always too thick and too cake-like.
How is it that these vegan brownies turned out so perfect? Not sure. But they are. And super easy. Oh! Did I mention they're VEGAN?!
- 2 C unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 C sugar
- 3/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C water
- 1 C canola/vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp coffee
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually stir in water. Next add the vegetable oil, vanilla, and coffee.
- Using a spatula, evenly spread in a 9 x 13 baking pan (sprayed with cooking oil before).
*Note: It may take some time to do this. You really have to work the batter to spread it evenly. Take the time to do it! They definitely turn out best when you do.*
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool for a good ten minutes (or they'll be beyond crumbly) before serving.
This recipe was adapted from Elephant Journal.