[Crock Pot] Cilantro Lime Chicken6:00 AM
I pretty much let Clark dictate what's for dinner when he's home. By that I mean I give him certain choices of new and old, and he selects.
I was so glad when he picked this one.
- 1.5 C salsa of your choice
- juice from one lime
- 1/8 C fresh cilantro, chopped
- homemade taco seasoning or half a package of prepared taco seasoning
*Note: I used the homemade recipe linked above, but did have about 1/3 of the seasoning left over.*
- 1 jalepeno pepper, chopped
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- Spray your crockpot and place your chicken inside. Sprinkle your taco seasoning over the chicken breasts (turning them over to fully coat); store leftover seasoning if desired.
- Add all your other ingredients to the crock pot with the chicken. Cook on low for six hours or high for about 3.5.
- Serve with desired sides (we chose rice and beans and salad (not pictured)... yummy!).
So easy and SO good.
Recipe adapted from KeyIngredient.com.