Michael Goes West: Sweet Home Arizona

6:00 AM

Our last stretch was from Albuquerque, NM to the Phoenix area. It wasn't too terribly long, but it seemed like it. Driving that piece of the US, I half expected wild horses to run across the road or for cowboys to appear out of nowhere. I truly felt like I was, well, in a Western. Go figure.

In case you missed it, here are the links for the first, second, and third part of our journey.


We took obligatory pictures when we reached Arizona. This is our first BIG move after all. All others have been local or within the state of North Carolina. That is to say, all the moves we've made as a family. This does not include all the moves we made before marriage, since we both come from military families.




According to Google Maps, not including pit stops or anything like that, we traveled for 44 hours and 2,915 miles. We took six days to drive, really, and it wasn't split up evenly at all. But we survived... and WE MADE IT!

Want to see some pictures? Of course you do! If you follow my Instagram, please excuse... because most of them are from my phone.






My favorite things are the hot air balloons and, well, our house. While I am enjoying the weather, I confess I do miss having the seasonal cold. Let's not even talk about what the summer is going to be like.

But the hot air balloons, and our space? Yeah. I'm in love.


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I enjoyed seeing the photos of Michael! I am seriously going to miss him in our little kids group Thurs. morning. It was so much fun watching his speech develop. The trucks will miss him...and I will miss watching him lining them all up. He's a lovely boy. Good luck out there! from Wendy

    ReplyDelete