[Vegan] Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies

6:00 AM

Not too long after we moved in to our new place I was dealing with some serious tooth pain. Turns out, I had to have ALL my wisdom teeth out.

I was not excited.

In order to come to that conclusion, I had to get in to see the oral surgeon. With Clark gone, living in a new place, I thought I was up a creek without a paddle. But, if you recall, I was paired with Jacquie for my first Cara Box experience, and she didn't hesitate to help. I was so grateful that her and her hubby were willing to watch Michael for a couple hours so I could figure out just what to do about my teeth.

And, of course, that meant I had to make them something sweet.


Ingredients:

- 1/3 C peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp canola/vegetable oil
- 1 C of sugar
- 1/3 C of nondairy milk (I used Silk Vanilla Soy)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C of rolled oats
- 1/2 C or so of vegan chocolate chips


Directions:

- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the peanut butter, oil, sugar, nondairy milk and vanilla together.
- Add your flour, salt, and baking soda to your peanut butter mix.
- Carefully fold in your oats and chocolate chips.
- Place spoonfuls of cookie dough on a lightly oiled baking sheet and press each cookie down with a fork like you would peanut butter cookies (criss-cross).
- Bake for 6-10 minutes. Let stand two minutes or so before moving to a cooling rack.
*Note: This may be my new oven, but my cookies got a little crispy on the bottom. I would suggest setting your timer for about 6 minutes first just to be cautious!*

Molded from Paint and Tofu.

You Might Also Like

0 comments