Mom's Simple Cornbread

5:57 PM


The long anticipated cornbread recipe is finally here! I know, I know. It's taken forever. So, I don't want to keep you waiting any longer!

This recipe is my Mom's cornbread, but it's the best I've ever had. There's no point to even attempting to alternate it, unless you maybe want to add some diced up jalapenos to it to give it some spice!

Supplies:

- 1 C Cornmeal
- 1 C Flour
- 1/3 C Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder

- 2 eggs
- 1 C Buttermilk
- 2 Tblsp butter, melted

Directions:

- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

- Mix together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder.

- Add the eggs and buttermilk to the dry mix and either beat it or use a whisk to mix it thoroughly.

- Add the melted butter last. Stir once again.

- Pour the mixture into a pre-greased 9 x 9 baking pan of your choosing. Cook the cornbread for 20 to 30 minutes. If you want it a little crispier around the edges, go with 25 to 30, but I usually stick to 20 minutes.

You Might Also Like

0 comments