Coffee Cake Muffins6:00 AM
Hello blogging world! I know, I know. It's been a while. I'm sorry. Sometimes life gets the best of me and it takes all of me to get the laundry done and be the places I need to be. Thank goodness this upcoming week is slow of pace. That means I get to pay more attention here and hopefully catch up!
So, what you're here for. This AH-mazing recipe!
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 C sugar
- 1/4 C butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 C low-fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp water
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 C all-purpose, unbleached flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400. Prepare your muffin pan with liners and/or cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together your brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar together. Add your eggs and mix until well blended.
- Add your sour cream, water, and vanilla.
- Gradually add your flower, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just blended together.
- Take 3 tbsp of your brown sugar/cinnamon mix and put it in another bowl. Pour the remaining into your batter. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to mix it-- but don't over blend. You want to be able to see your sugar mixture (as pictured).
- Bake for 25 minutes. Check with a tooth pick to see if it comes out clean with no batter, and go from there if they aren't done after 25 minutes.
- While the muffins are cooling, mix together your powdered sugar and orange juice. Drizzle over muffins (after they have cooled for at least ten minutes) as evenly as possible.
These are perfect if you have a brunch or morning function to attend and need to bring something to share!
This recipe was adapted from Myrecipes.com