Happy Spring! + Funfetti Cookie Recipe2:04 PM
I find it somewhat humorous that our first day of spring is the coldest we've had in the last few days. I mean, we got to 75 Saturday, and right now it's 49.
Needless to say Michael and I have been enjoying the weather. Life is so much easier when we are able to spend most of our day outside. While today we could probably go outside and enjoy it, it's beyond windy and Michael has a very, very runny nose. I think he may have inherited his daddy's allergies. While normally this wouldn't keep us back, he has already had endless amounts of dog hair and who knows what else sticking to his face. I'm being a wimpy mommy and don't want to face the possibility of a face like the following picture (from yesterday), but with snot involved as well.
So, what do you do when you're inside with a toddler and
- 1/2 C [1 stick] butter
- 1/2 + 1/8 C sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 C all-purpose, unbleached flour
- 1/8 C whole wheat flour
- 3/8 tsp baking soda [1/4 + 1/8]
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 C sprinkles
- 1/4 C chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375. Prepare your cookie sheet.
- Beat together your butter and sugar. Add your vanilla and egg white.
- Mix in your flours, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in your sprinkles [and chocolate chips if adding them] with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Use an ice cream or cookie scoop to measure the cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden/brown on the bottom.
For the original recipe, visit Tasty Kitchen.