[Vegan] Peanut Butter Oatmeal "Chocolate Chip" Cookies6:00 AM
I know, the name of the cookie is a mouthful. I just couldn't think of something simpler!
Today is my dearest friend's birthday, who happens to be vegan. So I thought it only appropriate that I share this one today.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter [substitute-- like earth balance], softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 C unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1/4 C whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 1 C semi sweet chocolate chips [or a vegan substitute
- Preheat your oven to 350 and prepare a cookie sheet by spraying it or lining it with parchment paper.
- Bear together your butter and sugars.
- Next mix in your vanilla and applesauce.
- Mix in your dry ingredients (except the oats and chocolate chips).
- Fold in your oats and chocolate chips. Do not over mix.
The mix will be a little "flimsy". Not to worry-- your cookies will still be delicious!
- Use a cookie scooper or table spoon and place your dough on your prepared sheet.
- Bake for 11 to 14 minutes until the bottom is golden/brown.
- Let the cookies sit on the pan for 2 to 3 minutes before moving to a cooling rack. If you don't, they will inevitably fall apart. Trust me!
- Let your cookies cool for a good five minutes. They are crumbly, so the longer you let them sit, the firmer they become.
This recipe was adapted from Six Sisters' Stuff.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECCA!