Spinach & Sausage Risotto2:12 PM
I have honestly never had risotto. It's always seemed so delicious, and on TV they always seem to be making it. But I've just never seen the chance or opportunity to make it.
Then I decided I needed to.
So I looked at a few risotto recipes and discovered I didn't really have any ingredients. I mean, I have some Italian sausage I had bought on a whim, and I had some brown rice, and some roma tomatoes... but none of them really looked like they wanted to make "my risotto".
Whether this is "real" or not, this is what I came up with!
- 1 C rice (I used brown)
- 2.5 C water
- 1 tbsp bouillon
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Italian sausage (you can use Turkey-- I meant to but grabbed the regular in my fleeting moment)
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 C spinach
- Place your rice, water, bouillon, and garlic powder in a larger pot. Cook your rice according to the directions on the bag/box, just with the added ingredients.
- Once your rice is cooked, move to a bowl and place in the microwave to keep warm (or keep it out-- this next step won't take too long.
- Put somewhere between 1 tsp and 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Sautee your sausage until it is no longer pink/ is cooked through.
- Add your tomatoes and your spinach; cook until the spinach is just wilted (this should happen under or just around a minute). Add your basil/oregano.
- Stir in your rice. Take it a little at a time. (You may have to serve some, then add more rice, then serve again.) Mix and let sit for around five minutes before serving.
Easy and delicious!