Oatmeal Apple Raisin Muffins

6:47 AM

It's beginning to feel a lot like fall around here! I was so excited when my friend (who just happens to be about 11 weeks along) told me she was craving apples. Of course this meant for our get together I was going to make her a new recipe! (Something tells me she might have known that....)

These muffins truly are easy. I used applesauce along with chopped apple to help get a true fall-flavor going. Molded from The Comfort of Cooking's Apple-Pumpkin Muffins. I was so excited for these. Pretty sure I will be making them A LOT this fall... although I'd like to change a few things to make them vegan (promise that will be posted once I do it)!

Ingredients:

- 1.5 C whole wheat flour
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 C oil (I don't think you HAVE to have this, but it does make them more moist)
- 1 small apple (I used GALA), chopped
- 3/4 C oats
- 1/4 C wheat germ *optional*
- 1/2 C to 3/4 C raisins

Directions:

- Prepare a muffin pan with paper liners and/or cooking spray and preheat your oven to 350.
- Mix together your brown sugar, applesauce, oil, eggs, and Vanilla.
- Mix in your flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. If you're putting in wheat germ, add this as well.(You can pre-mix your dry ingredients if you want to, but I tend to not to save on dirty dishes.)
- Fold in your oats, then your apple. Lastly, add your raisins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes (mine took closer to 25 minutes). Remove from the oven and let cool a bit before devouring.


TA-DAH! If you're pregnant and craving some apples, this is the recipe for you! OR if you just LOVE apple recipes in general... ya know... either way.


Friends, please take time to remember what happened twelve years ago today and say a prayer for all those affected then and now by the events of September 11, 2001. We will never forget.

You Might Also Like

0 comments