Oatmeal Apple Raisin Muffins6:47 AM
These muffins truly are easy. I used applesauce along with chopped apple to help get a true fall-flavor going. Molded from The Comfort of Cooking's Apple-Pumpkin Muffins. I was so excited for these. Pretty sure I will be making them A LOT this fall... although I'd like to change a few things to make them vegan (promise that will be posted once I do it)!
- 1.5 C whole wheat flour
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 C oil (I don't think you HAVE to have this, but it does make them more moist)
- 1 small apple (I used GALA), chopped
- 3/4 C oats
- 1/4 C wheat germ *optional*
- 1/2 C to 3/4 C raisins
- Prepare a muffin pan with paper liners and/or cooking spray and preheat your oven to 350.
- Mix together your brown sugar, applesauce, oil, eggs, and Vanilla.
- Mix in your flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. If you're putting in wheat germ, add this as well.(You can pre-mix your dry ingredients if you want to, but I tend to not to save on dirty dishes.)
- Fold in your oats, then your apple. Lastly, add your raisins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes (mine took closer to 25 minutes). Remove from the oven and let cool a bit before devouring.
TA-DAH! If you're pregnant and craving some apples, this is the recipe for you! OR if you just LOVE apple recipes in general... ya know... either way.