[Vegan] Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies6:00 AM
Do your remember my Cara Box reveal? Jacquie (from Jacquie Here) gifted me a fabulous Vegan cookbook due to all my vegan goodies she found on my site. I finally put it to some use! There are definitely a few fall-themed recipes I want to use from it, and this was my first try!
While these cookies are delicious, they weren't exactly what I was expecting. The recipe says they are thin pumpkin cookies. Do they look thin to you? Me, either! Still... if they come with Michael's approval, I am likely to make them again (and try to mess with it some more to make them thinner!).
- 1/3 C canned pumpkin
- 1/3 C canola oil
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp molasses
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1.5 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
*optional*: 1/3 to 1/2 C chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350. Prepare cookie sheet.
- Mix together your pumpkin, oil, sugars, vanilla, molasses, and powdered sugar.
- Add your flour, baking soda, salt, and spices to the pumpkin mix. If the mix is really sticky, add some more flour.
- Fold in your *optional* chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scooper or 1 to 2 tablespoons per cookie, put them on your baking sheet.
*Note: Now, my cookies may not have been "flat and chewy" because the recipe says to flatten them, and I just used a cookie scooper. However, they were incredibly fluffy... so I'm not sure how, exactly, they would have been even if I had tried to flatten them. If you try this, please let me know how it goes!*
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes
Transfer to a cooling rack and let them sit for two to five minutes, or so, until you gobble them up.