Sunday Morning Pancakes

12:54 PM



I'm not sure where this recipe originates from. All I know is my mom used to make them almost every day for my little sister for a time. She is not, or was not, a breakfast person, but she would eat these pancakes!

So, this morning I made some!

The other great thing about these? They're healthy!

Ingredients:

- 2/3 C Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/3 C Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 C Wheat Germ
- 2 Tbsp Wheat Germ
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Canola/Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C Buttermilk
- 1/4 C- 1/2 C Milk

OPTIONAL:
In the pictures the pancakes are shown with blueberries. I would add around 1/2 C of blueberries or chocolate chips to the batter if you like! I use mini chocolate chips when I do use them :).

*Also, the pictures are of a half batch, not the whole batch which the ingredients are listed for!*

Directions:

-Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients (except the milk) in a small bowl.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Whisk well, and then add the milk to get the correct consistency. It should be thick and runny, but not too runny and not too thick. I know... it sounds complicated, but I promise you'll understand once you mix it together.
- Use a 1/4 C to pour the batter onto your flat pan or skillet. Wait until the edges of the pancakes are browning and the batter is bubbling to turn them over.
- Serve warm. A full batter makes anywhere from 12-15... should serve three to four people depending on how many pancakes you desire!

You Might Also Like

0 comments