Oatmeal (Blueberry Chocolate Chip) Cookies

3:24 PM


Since my Oatmeal Chocolate chip Cookies are so popular, I decided to make another recipe that's basically exactly the same thing.

Only different.

You know me. I love three things (if you hadn't noticed):

1. Oatmeal
2. Blueberries
3. Chocolate Chips

So it was easy to decide I wanted something that incorporated all three. Muffins, breads, and bars seemed too easy a solution.

I then decided, "Why not a new cookie recipe?"

Granted, it isn't exactly new, since I've made oatmeal cookies before. However, these aren't quite as thick as the others... at least... that's the only way I can really describe the difference.

I'll let you decide for yourself!

Ingredients:

- 1/2 C butter
- 1/2 C brown sugar (unpacked)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3/4 C whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 C oats
- 1/2 C blueberries
- 1/2 C chocolate chips

Directions:

- Preheat your oven to 350. Prepare a cookie sheet by spraying or lining with parchment paper.
- Whip your butter until light and fluffy, then mix in the brown sugar.

- Add your egg and vanilla. Then mix in your flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.

- Fold in your oats.
- Add your blueberries and chocolate chips.
*You do not have to put both or either of these additions in. It is entirely up to you!*


- Use a cookie scooper (or whatever you have available to you) to put your cookies on your prepared sheet.

- If you wish, spray a spoon or spatula with cooking spray and then use it to flatten your cookies.

- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Move to a cooling rack for a few minutes before eating/serving.

These are perfect to have with a cup of tea or coffee!

Inspiration for these cookies came from : with love, rachel and my previous oatmeal cookie recipe!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Popped over from Sweet as Sugar Cookies link party. These look so yummy!!! I love anything that combines oats & blueberries, yummm!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, they really turned out wonderfully! I was debating putting blueberries and chocolate chips in for the longest time, and I'm so glad I didi!

    Laura, thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower! If you love oats & blueberries, you've definitely come to the right place! Those are my two absolute favorite things to cook together!

    ReplyDelete