Spinach & Feta Crescents

7:00 AM


Clark loves Greek food. Especially spanakopita. As for me... spanakopita is one of the only things I like when it comes to Greek food. Maybe I haven't tried enough, or maybe the food that I have tried hasn't been authentic enough... but it just hasn't settled well for me.

ANYWAY.

This is not spanakopita, but Clark said that the filling tasted quite a bit like the filling in spanakopita. So, if you like that sort of thing, this is for you. If you don't, I still suggest trying it!

Ingredients:

- 2 tubes of regular Pillsbury (or any brand) crescent rolls (8 in each tube)
- Half of a bag of pre-washed spinach, finely chopped (about three cups of whole leaves *before chopped*)
- 1/2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 heaping C of crumbled feta
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

Directions:

- Preheat your oven to 350. Spray/prepare a cookie sheet.
- Mix together your mozzarella, feta, and cayenne pepper.

Then add your chopped spinach.

- Roll our your crescent dough onto a plate, cutting board, table, or whatever surface you wish to use. Make sure you have plenty of room!
- Fill each roll with a heaping tablespoon of the spinach mix.


- Carefully roll the dough over the mix and place on your prepared cookie sheet.
*I always make a mess, and I think these pretty much guarantee you'll make some sort of mess, but I'd say they still turned out "presentation-worthy".*

- Cook the rolls for about 15 minutes.
*If you like, you can brush the top of each with an *egg white* so they turn golden brown on top.*


Serve warm as an appetizer or delicious snack!

You Might Also Like

0 comments