Baked Apple Chips

7:00 AM


Oh, it's that time of year again. The time when it starts getting cooler, the leaves start to change, and everything just feels so perfect.

Needless to say, this is my favorite time of year.

(Please don't pull a Clark and tell me that every season is my favorite season. I may always want the next season... in spring I want summer, in summer I want fall, in fall I want fall....)

I wanted something that was appropriate for Autumn, but not something that made me feel like I was diving into Thanksgiving. But what could I make...

The great thing about Pinterest is it always seems to have something for me to be interested in. The bad thing about Pinterest is I now longer have to get super creative anymore, I just get on there and I can find ANYTHING. Of course, the internet is like this, anyway, but somehow Pinterest makes it worse.

So, I found these on Pinterest.

Ingredients:

- Apples (I used three Gala Apples)
- Cinnamon

Directions:

- Preheat your oven to 275. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
*Aluminum foil also works, just make sure to spray it!*
- Take the cores out of your apples. I don't have a tool that makes this easy, but it wasn't that bad doing without!
- Slice your apples as thin as you would like.
*I couldn't quite get the right thickness with these. Sadly a few turned out burned, and others weren't crispy enough. Please share any tips you have if you've made these before or something you find while making them yourself!*

- Sprinkle your apples with cinnamon on both sides.

- Cook for two hours, flipping them at the one hour mark.
*Do check on them once you flip them. They seem to cook quicker on the second side, so I'd say set your time for 30 minutes and go from there!*

Enjoy them! And beware: while they're cooking your whole house smells of apples. I was positively drooling waiting on them!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. These sound wonderful! I love apple chips but have never made them. They sound so easy. Thanks. Totally going to make these.

    ReplyDelete