Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

7:00 AM


When putting the care package for my little sister together (previously mentioned in Blogging on a Budget: Seasonal Exceptions), I wanted to include a new recipe (besides the delicious acorns I put together). When trying to subtly ask her what she liked these days (although I'm sure it was pretty obvious), she told me Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins were her favorite thing ever.

I searched my history, and found that just about every banana recipe I ever made involved oatmeal or something else (like carrot), but never just plain banana.

Well, when you're going to throw together a new recipe, you have to go all out. Since I only had one egg left, and that was to be for Michael's breakfast, I decided these muffins were going to be vegan.

And Clark didn't even notice.

Ingredients:

- 2/3 C sugar
- 1 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 C water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 C unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2/3 C (vegan) chocolate chips
*I did just use regular chocolate chips, but I know there are substitues!*

Directions:

- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Whisk together your sugar, applesauce, water, vanilla, and vegetable oil.
- Add your dry ingredients (whether premixed elsewhere or in sections).

- Add your bananas. Stir well.
- Carefully mix in your chocolate chips (I did use mini morsels for these!)

- Fill your muffin tins and bake for around 18 to 22 minutes.
*Note: If you're using mini muffin tins, check on them at about 15 minutes and go from there!*

Enjoy with just about anything you have to drink at any point in the day. They. Are. Addicting.

Don't believe me? Try the recipe and find out!

This recipe was inspired by: iVillage.com and Food.com.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Surprise! They're vegan!!! I'm so excited that you are putting more and more vegan and veg recipes on your blog! And that Clark can't tell the difference!

    ReplyDelete