(Meatless) Stuffed Peppers7:00 AM
We have been doing our best to celebrate "Meatless Mondays" in our house for about the past month. I'd say we've done a pretty good job! So, here's a recipe that we tried and Clark loved (win). Hope you enjoy it!
- 2 to 6 bell peppers (I only used two, but had a lot of the mixture left over. I definitely think it could make up to five or six stuffed peppers.)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 C chicken broth (or water with 1 tsp chicken bouillon, or vegetable bouillon)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1 C brown rice
- 1 can of READ Southwestern Bean Salad
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- Sautee the onion and garlic in the olive oil until the onion is tender.
- Add the chicken broth (or substitue) and bring to a boil. Then add the seasonings and rice to the pan. Cover and cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Add the Bean Salad or your substitue about halfway through the process of the rice cooking. Cook the rice until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Cut the tops off your bell peppers (while the rice is cooking). Cut out the seeds and such inside the pepper. Set in a baking dish.
- Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until the peppers are crisp but tender.
Inspiration for this recipe came from: Better Homes and Garden.