Blogging on a Budget: Seasonal Exceptions

7:00 AM


Although I've been beyond focused on sticking to a budget, there come times when you need to just splurge a bit. Live a little. Ya know?

I wanted to put together a care package for my little sister (who is a freshman at the University of Kansas this year!), and I wasn't about to do it half-heartedly. Although buying name brand, specific things can be pricey at the grocery store-- sometimes you do whatcha gotta do.

Since it is Autumn (just about), I thought what better way to celebrate than to make this adorable treat I found on Pinterest (which, actually, my little sister initially pinned-- so I knew it was a keeper/winner for the care package).

Ingredients:

- Hershey Kisses
- mini chocolate chip morsels
- Nutter Butter (bite size)

Directions:

- Melt about 1 C of mini chocolate chips (about half of the bag) in the microwave or over the stove top.

*Never add water. I learned this the hard way once while making chocolate covered strawberries.*

- Carefully dip the flat end of a Hershey Kiss into the melted chocolate and bind it to a Nutter Butter. Do the same with a mini chocolate chip (see the picture).


- Repeat as many times as you like. Careful leaving these lying around, though! Many of mine kept mysteriously disappearing and I would have to make more.

Great for goody bags, too (like pictured below)! The bags and leaves I bought at our local Dollar Tree, so they clearly didn't break the bank!

I also gave in and bought three cans of pumpkin today. Needless to say, there's going to be some serious pumpkin recipes coming!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This is absolutely fantastic and looks super easy! I love it! I need to try this sometime!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so darn cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, everyone! I hope you get a chance to make them :).

    ReplyDelete