Since my Oatmeal Chocolate chip Cookies are so popular, I decided to make another recipe that's basically exactly the same thing.
You know me. I love three things (if you hadn't noticed):
3. Chocolate Chips
So it was easy to decide I wanted something that incorporated all three. Muffins, breads, and bars seemed too easy a solution.
I then decided, "Why not a new cookie recipe?"
Granted, it isn't exactly new, since I've made oatmeal cookies before. However, these aren't quite as thick as the others... at least... that's the only way I can really describe the difference.
I'll let you decide for yourself!
- 1/2 C butter
- 1/2 C brown sugar (unpacked)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3/4 C whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 C oats
- 1/2 C blueberries
- 1/2 C chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350. Prepare a cookie sheet by spraying or lining with parchment paper.
- Whip your butter until light and fluffy, then mix in the brown sugar.
- Add your egg and vanilla. Then mix in your flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Fold in your oats.
- Add your blueberries and chocolate chips.
*You do not have to put both or either of these additions in. It is entirely up to you!*
- Use a cookie scooper (or whatever you have available to you) to put your cookies on your prepared sheet.
- If you wish, spray a spoon or spatula with cooking spray and then use it to flatten your cookies.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Move to a cooling rack for a few minutes before eating/serving.
These are perfect to have with a cup of tea or coffee!
Inspiration for these cookies came from : with love, rachel and my previous oatmeal cookie recipe!