Fruity Pebbles Blondies8:10 AM
Clark's favorite cereal is Fruity Pebbles. I've never been one for the sugary cereal (ok... except Cocoa Puffs and Cinnamon Toast Crunch), but Clark complained for quite some time that I wouldn't buy it. To me all the sugar and all the stuff in it, not to mention paying for the brand name cereal, isn't exactly worth it to me.
However, once in a while we all deserve a little spoil. So I wanted to surprise Clark with a unique something that involved his favorite. First I made cupcakes/muffins, which didn't exactly turn out as I wanted. Then I made these. And I must say, coming from someone who doesn't really like fruity pebbles, these turned out wonderfully.
And if you don't believe me, my husband affirms that they're pretty awesome.
- 1/2 C butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 C unpacked light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 C all-purpose, unbleached flour
- 1/2 C to 1 C Fruity Pebbles (depending on just how much you want!)
- Preheat your oven to 350 and grease/butter a 8 x 8 pan.
- Use a handheld or standing mixer and beat together the melted butter and brown sugar. Add your egg and vanilla after it is thoroughly combined.
- Mix in your flour and salt (with the handheld or standing mixer).
- Stir in (with a spoon or spatula) your fruity pebbles.
Pictured is 1 C Fruity Pebbles
Clark says these count as a "breakfast bar". I suppose since they have cereal in them, it could pass... but I definitely say they are rich enough to pass as a special dessert over a breakfast bar.
Looking for more fruity bar recipes now that it's starting to warm up? Check these out!
Key Lime Bars with Strawberry Glaze
Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
Oatmeal Trail Mix Bars