Lemon Confetti Cookies6:00 AM
April 14th was my dear, dear friend's birthday. We've known each other since we were five. Yeah. I can hardly believe she's put up with me that long... kidding (sort of).
As is tradition, I love to send people baked goods for special occasions... although I do have a tendency to send them just because or to let them know I'm thinking about them during a trying time. OK... I just love to send baked goods out.
I made these for her, because it was one thing she had *mentioned* when I gave her options she would like (of course the "confetti" was added for her birthday)!
- 1/2 C butter, softened to room temp
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon.
- 3 tbsp instant lemon pudding mix (see picture)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 C all-purpose, unbleached flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp to 1/4 C rainbow sprinkles *just depends on how many you want*
- Preheat your oven to 375 and prepare your cookie/baking sheet with nonstick spray or parchment paper.
- Beat together your butter and sugars. Next add your vanilla and egg.
- Add your lemon zest and juice.
- Mix in your pudding mix, followed by your flour and baking soda.
- Remove and let sit on a cooling rack.
Enjoy lemon? Try out these other recipes as well!
Lemon Berry Muffins
Lemon Tea Biscuits
This recipe was adapted from Dreaming of White Chocolate.