Applesauce Cookies with Caramel Frosting5:00 AM
These cookies just taste like fall. They are truly a perfect dessert for this season. Easy to make, positively adorable, and as long as you love apple-- perfect.
- 1/2 C butter (one stick)
- 1 egg
- 1 C unsweetened applesauce
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
-Preheat your oven to 375.
- Beat your butter, egg, and applesauce together.
- Stir in your dry ingredients (premixed or not, whatever is easiest on you).
- Drop the cookies on a prepared sheet, or use a cookie scooper. Size is relative. However large you want them!
-Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to a cooking rack.
While they are baking....
- 1/4 C heavy cream
- 1/2 C unpacked brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 to 2 C powdered sugar
- Beat together the brown sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla. Place in microwave for 10 to 30 seconds.
- Mix in the powdered sugar until you have the right consistency.
Give your cookies sufficient time to cool before frosting.
Voila! Easy and delicious.