Easy (and budget friendly) Chicken Lo Mein5:00 AM
I premiered this recipe on Post Graduation Studies, a high school friend's blog. Make sure to check it out!
This recipe is easy, tasty, and budget friendly. It's fit for a meal for anyone, ranging from the starving college student to the family of four!
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lb thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 1 clove of garlic, minced (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder or salt)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 3oz package of chicken flavored ramen
- 1/4 C water
- 1lb package of Asian Medley frozen veggies
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger, then the chicken. Sautee until cooked through (no longer pink).
- Add the vegetables and cover the skillet. Cook for about five minutes, until the veggies are cooked through.
- While the vegetables are cooking, cook the ramen noodles as directed (without the flavoring). Drain the noodles.
- Add soy sauce and ramen seasoning to the chicken/veggie mix. Toss in the noodles.
This recipe is delicious and easy! If you're feeding more than two people, I would double up on the ramen noodles.
Inspiration for this recipe came from: DisneyFamily.Com.