Easy Taco Soup5:00 AM
Autumn is the time for soups! For some reason, it's so much more delicious to have taco soup rather than just plain tacos. If you don't think you agree, make this recipe and then get back to me! It's super easy and delicious.
- 1 lb hamburger, or ground turkey
- 3 tbsp low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans (I believe it's 15 oz or so; same applies to all "canned" ingredients.)
- 1 can corn kernels
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1/2 red and 1/2 yellow bell peppers, chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp chili pepper
- 8 C water + 3 tsp beef bouillon
If you don't want it "spicey", leave out the last three ingredients! Also, if you want to add an onion, it may kick up the flavor!
- Brown you hamburger. Season with the cumin, cayenne, and chili if you want it a little bit spicier.
- Place your hamburger in a large pot, along with the water, taco seasoning, black beans, corn, tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce for simmer. Let simmer for one to two hours.
It does taste better if you let it simmer for a LONG time. Like, four to five hours. However, it's not entirely necessary!
- Serve warm. Top with anything from tortilla chips to sour cream! It's that easy and delicious!